Sunday, April 27, 2008

Micha, Micha, Micha

No, I haven't seen "The Brady Bunch" in ages, why do you ask?

In another example of "too lazy to watch a match," I refused to even attempt to see Chelsea-Manchester United this morning. I couldn't have made it to the Phoenix Landing even if I'd woken up in time, but I slept until halftime anyway.

I went to Lir in the afternoon to catch a rerun of the game on Setanta, and got there at about 40 minutes in the first half. There were two men watching the game and they asked me if I knew the score. I said no and that I didn't want to know. One of them told me anyway, saying after I mentioned that I was a Ballack fan that I'd want to stay and watch the game.

I thought he was pulling my leg because I was a girl, until I saw the first goal. Then I saw the ticker on Sky Sports News and realized that Herr Ballack scored a brace!

Of course Ballack scored his second goal late in the game so I had to wait for almost the entire second half, but it was totally worth it. I wish I had been awake to see the game live.

Today's incomprehensible soccer-related personage: Avram Grant aka the Toad.

No comments: